Below you shall find more information on what cookies are, what they are used for, what their purposes are and how to configure or disable them.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are sent to your electronic device (PC, tablet, smartphone, etc..) when visiting a website. Cookies are then sent back to the original website at every future visit, or they are sent to another website that is able to recognise that specific cookie. Cookies serve as a memory for a website, allowing the website to recognise your device at every future visit to that same website.
Cookies also allow storing your browsing preferences thereby offering you a more functional experience of the website, and making the content of the website as customised as possible.
What type of cookies exist?
Depending on who manages them:
- Proprietary cookies: these are sent to the user terminal from a computer or domain managed by www.unidelta.it and from which the service is offered or the information requested by the user is provided.
- Third party cookies: these are sent to the user terminal from a computer or domain that is not managed by www.unidelta.it, but by a third party that processes the data obtained through cookies (social networks, search engines, etc.). If the cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by www.unidelta.it, but the collected information is managed by the third party, they cannot be considered proprietary cookies.
Depending on how long they remain active:
- Session cookies: these cookies are designed to draw and store data during the access of a user to a web page. They are normally used to save information to be retained for the service requested by the user on a single occasion, lasting for the single visit, and therefore expire when the browser session is closed
- Persistent cookies: these are cookies that remain on your device much longer or until they are deleted manually (how long the cookie remains on your device depends on the “vital duration” of the cookie in question and on the settings of your browser).
Depending on their purpose:
- Technical Cookies: this type of cookie allows the correct function of some sections on the Website, also sent from our domain, required to correctly view the website and provide the offered technical services, and will therefore always be used and sent, unless the user changes the settings on their browser (thereby changing the view of the website pages).
- Analytical cookies: the cookies in this category are used to collect information on how the website is used. www.unidelta.it uses this information in relation to anonymous statistical analyses in order to improve the use of the website and to make the content more interesting and pertinent to the wishes of the users. This type of cookie collects data on user activity in an anonymous form and on how they got to the website. The analytical cookies can be sent from the website or from third party domains.
- Service and third party analysis cookies: these cookies are used to collect information on how the website is used by users, in an anonymous manner, such as: visited pages, stay time, how the visitor got there, geographic origin, age, gender and interests for marketing campaign purposes. These cookies are sent from third party domains outside of the Website.
- Cookies to integrate third party software products and functions: this type of cookie integrates functions developed by third parties within the pages of the Website such as icons and preferences expressed in social networks in order to share the content of the website or for the use of third party software services (such as software to generate maps and additional software that offers additional services). These cookies can be sent from third party domains and/or partner websites that offer their functions through the Website pages.
- Profiling cookies: these are cookies required to create user profiles in order to send advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed by the user in the Website pages.
According to the regulations in force it www.unidelta.it is not necessary to ask for consent for technical and analytical cookies as these are required to provide the requested services.
For all other types of cookies consent can be expressed by the user according to one or more of the following modes:
- Through browser configurations or the relative IT program specifications used to visit the pages that appear on the Website.
- By changing the settings on the use of third party services
Both of these solutions could affect the correct function of some functions contained on the website.
Third party websites and services
The Website could contain connections to other Websites with have their own privacy policies that may differ from the one adopted by www.unidelta.it and therefore does not respond to these websites.
How do you configure or disable cookies?
Most internet browsers are initially set to accept cookies automatically. You can change these settings to block cookies or notify you that cookies are being sent to your device. There are many ways to manage cookies. We ask that you refer to the instructions manual or the help page of your browser to find out how to adjust or change the settings of your browser.
If you disable the cookies that the www.unidelta.it website uses, this could affect the correct operation of some functions contained on the website.
If you use different devices to view and access the www.unidelta.it website, (computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.), you need to ensure that every browser on every device is adjusted to reflect your preferences regarding cookies.
How to disable cookies through browser configuration
- Disabling cookies on Firefox
- Disabling cookies on Chrome
- Disabling cookies on Internet Explorer
- Disabling cookies on Safari
- Disabling cookies on Opera
How to disable third party service cookies